Monday, May 28, 2012

Hancock (2008)

I had been planning on watching this film for quite a while, both for the superhero factor and for Will Smith.  I have always enjoyed Will Smiths films and intended to watch all of them, but that petered off.  Still I don't think he has made a bad film, though Bad Boys (1995) could be the exception, or at least blamed on Martin Lawerence.

I knew practically nothing about Hancock before I watched it.  All the pictures I had seen of the film merely confused me more, as they showed Hancock looking sort of like a homeless guy, though I recall one where he did look like an actual superhero.

The film itself was okay, and I give it accolades for being unprecedented.  Still, there were some things in the film that didn't make sense.  Hancock was supposed to be unaware of basic pleasantries, as well as having a complete disregard for property damage, but it's unfathomable as to how he could be oblivious to all that (was it supposed to be because he was drunk?).

The real problem with the film was when he discovered the other superpowered individual.  It was kind of like Highlander 2, which was a horrible mess.  From there, there were too many coincidental events, making a unique film into a bit of a let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment