Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pacific Heights (1990)

This film has been on my list for over a year, as it was recommend to me when I was learning about being a landlord.  A guy told me to watch this film, as it shows what a bad tenant can do.  Honestly, I think he was referring to the fact that in this film the bad guy takes tenancy (without paying any rent) and it is extremely difficult to get him out.  After that, the guy does a bunch of wild things that I don't think anyone could expect a tenant to do, but are vaguely possible.

Mathew Modine is in this film, but the only film I can ever recall seeing him in is Vision Quest, which I remember as a mediocre movie, and stands out more for the Journey song, "Only the Young".

After watching the film, I read some reviews, and I was surprised that the reviews came down so hard on the film.

As always, Michael Keaton gave a great performance, I thought, as he was great being professional when it was called for, and then switching to creepy.  I also enjoyed Melanie Griffith's performance, and I haven't seen a film that I didn't enjoy seeing her in (I have seen more of Melanie Griffith's films than you might imagine, though not intentionally)

As the advice I was given was "Anyone who wants to get into land lording should watch this this film" stands true, I recommend this film to with that same qualification.

No comments:

Post a Comment