Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Music Man

I grew up with several records of 60's musicals, and have seen a number of those films. Still there were a few that I had heard of, but never really listened to the music nor ever seen the films.

It is for that reason I added a few of those films, who's names I have known so well to my list of films to watch.

Music Man was an enjoyable enough film, with a few memorable tunes, especially "76 Trombones" and "Ya Got Trouble". As I said, the film was enjoyable enough, but I didn't get a strong feeling for the characters (I guess that is typical for musicals) nor did I feel that there was a real love in any of the brewing romance.

It was really good to see Buddy Hacket, as I only recall seeing him in "The Love Bug" and as the voice of scuttle in The Little Mermaid. He has an interesting personality on film, but his bungling tenancies are completely absent in this film. Also it was good to see Shirley Jones, who I only recall from the Partridge Family and also Ron Howard in one of his earliest roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment