Sunday, December 1, 2019

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019)

"This isn't really about Mr Rogers"

I knew that this film had Tom Hanks in it, and also that it featured Mr Rogers.  That was enough for me to make up my mind that I wanted to watch this film.  I really don't want to know much about a film before I watch it, so that none of the suprises are given away.  That was a bit of a mistake in this case.

The film is much more about a journalist who developed a relationship with Mr Rogers, and 85 % of the movie focus on that story.

It is an impressive example of what an honest can caring person Mr Rogers really was, in real life, as well as his show.

This is a good story, but not and without the Mr Rogers connection, it could be easily overlooked.

I recommend "Won't you be my neighbor" Which I watched when it came out last year.  That gives incredible insight into Mr Rogers.

While I have never been part of the chrtsian religion, in part because all the members of it are hypocrites, and also because there are no gods, Mr Rogers embodies the ideas of the christ, and is one of only 4 individuals who adhere to that religion that set an example that is worthy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment