Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Starring Adam West (2013)

Not the cover, but a more interesting poster.
It blows my mind that this film was made, and I had no idea such a film existed.  I only found out about this film by reading my friend's movie blog.  I am HUGE fan of the original Batman TV show and have watched and greatly enjoyed the documentaries included with DVD release of Batman.  So of course I rushed right out to see this film.






This film did a great job of covering Adam West's career, especially highlighting his great personality, which shines through every time he speaks.  It was great that it covered the highs of his career so well, and didn't dwell on the lows.  Still, I would have like to have seen some footage of the El Kini Popo Show.


Adam West has an outstanding personality, being that he always seem kind to his fans and sometimes self depreciating.  He has avoided the ego problems many stars have.  From this film, I got the impression that he feels that acting is not a profession where ability is a significant factor.  It's uncommon for any actor to actually realize that their career is pretty much completely based on luck and the whims of the producers and the perception of the public.

I don't really care for the show Family Guy.  Most of the time it is just stupid jokes, mostly with Peter doing completely nonsensical things.  They do have occasional good episodes.  Still, I really appreciate that Seth MacFarlane hired Adam West.  I am glad to hear that he is getting work and some of the appreciation he deserves.

I am also very glad to hear that Adam West was given a star on the Hollywood walk of fame.  I hope that people will see his star (even decades into the future) and take the time to find out who he is.  I really wish they would put QR code or link to IMDB, Facebook or something on those stars, so that those people who are unfamiliar with Adam West (or any other star) could easily look up their career.  Now I just hope that Walter Koeing gets a star. (After googling, I found that Walter Koeing has already gotten his star.  Yeah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment