Monday, September 1, 2014

Sushi Girl (2012)

This seemed like it had all the elements for a film I would like, though I knew nothing of the plot before watching it.  I first got interested in the film after seeing pictures of Cortney Palm in her amazing outfit for the premier of this film.  Later I learned that Mark Hamill was in this film, making it a must see.

I saw a film a while back called "Ramen Girl" and though this might be a similar thing.  It was NOT.  The whole purpose of the "Sushi Girl" is to lay still and do nothing, serving as a naked sushi platter.

Now a female friend of mine mentioned years ago about eating sushi off a naked woman.  She seemed to think it would be sexy and some how possible to find such a situation in Japan.  Strangely, I was much to practical watching this film as in 1) No one in the film was much interested in the sushi, nor did they like sushi.  2) Very little sushi was eaten 3) The sushi would heat up after a while on the girls body, and in this film it says on her body most of the picture.  4) What would happen if she sneezed???

Mark Hamill's character is quite well played, but also very despicable.  I don't enjoy seeing Mark Hamill in such a role, but this is the first film I have heard of him making since "Comic Book the Movie" , back a decade ago in 2004.

After doing a little research, it turns out that Noah Hathaway is the same actor who played Boxy in the original Battlestar Galactica TV series.

I thought this film may have some connection or be set in Japan, but with the exception of Sonny Chiba, there is no connection with Japan at all.

The film feels like a derivative Quentin Tarantino film, with lots of blood and violence.  Not my cup of tea at all.  While it does have a twist, that is not enough to make this a film of my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment