Thursday, May 15, 2014

Key Largo (1948)

After watching Little Caesar and finding that Edward Robinson was a big actor in the 30s and 40s with a lot of films to his credit, I decided to check out more of his films.  I was quite surprised to find he was in a film with Humphrey Bogart (as it turns out, several films).

I thought I had watched a lot of Humphrey Bogart films, and even thought I had seen this one before, but after the first few seconds I realized I had never seen a second of this film.

This film is another excellent example of film noir.  I expected to see more of the Florida Keys, but little was shown. While the stars and their acting was good, the ending was a bit of a case of deus ex machina, but was saved by the fact that Humphrey Bogart's character is one of the few characters (in any movie) who acted extremely intelligently in his confrontation with this villain of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment