Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rushmore (1998)

I thought I had put this movie on my list because of the death of Harold Ramis.  I recall reading an article and finding out that Bill Murry didn't talk to Harold for nearly a decade.  Some how the name of the film Rushmore was mentioned, and I thought that Harold Ramis had some involvement in it.  It appears I was wrong.

I was surprised to see that the film was co-written by Owen Wilson.  I am not a huge fan of Owen Wilson, though I have nothing against him.  I have seen a few of his films, but they don't really stand out to me.  I have gained some respect for him, now knowing that he has writing to his carrer.

Luke Wilson appears in this film, and while he has very little screen time, I am glad to see him in a film.  I have seen so little that he has done.  Only Idocracy comes to mind.

As always, Bill Murray gave a good, though some what unremarkable performance.  It was more unremarkable because the character didn't call for it and it didn't appear to have any ad-libing that I noticed.

It was a decent distraction for two hours, but I didn't bring anything away from this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment