Sunday, August 31, 2014

Americathon (1979)

There was really only one motivation for me to see this movie.  In my childhood, my friend described the plot of this film and the ending, but never told me the name of the film.  I stumbled upon it recently and knew immediately it was the film he described, from the name alone.

It is always interesting to see a film set in the future and see what predictions have (but in most cases have not) come true.  This film depicts a complete decline of the middle class, as well as wide spread popularity of reality shows accurately, but of course misses the ball on a number of other points.

I am always glad to see John Ritter, though it seems like he only made 3 film, 2 of which I have seen including this one.  The other film I have seen is "Hero at Large"  I am planning on watching the third film "They All Laughed" at some point.

It also has notable soundtrack from fairly well know artists, playing songs I had never heard of before, like Eddie Money's "Get A Move On"

No comments:

Post a Comment