Monday, October 1, 2012

Kuffs (1992)

I didn't know this film existed, and I have a positive image of Christian Slater, though I have seen few of his films, I've always enjoyed his performances.  The film Heathers is one of my favorite movies.  I hadn't heard of any film Mila Jovovich had made before The Fifth Element, as I naively believed that was her first role.  I thought she was outstanding in that film, they way her character progressed from not speaking English to learning it step by step.  I also have seen very few films with Bruce Boxleitner (the title role in TRON) so that also peeked my interest.  Also Troy Evans is in this film.  You may remember him as having a prominent role in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

My primary motivation in this film was to see Mila Jovovich.  I have never found her overwhelming attractive, and I thought her first scene in this film did little to change that image, I was surprised at how long her legs appeared.  It turns out she was very young when she made this film, only 15.

Anyhow this film has what I would consider a trade mark of Christian Slater,with a LOT of exposition, talking directly to the camera.  The director made some odd choices, giving the film a quirky feel.  The plot was interesting enough, making for an enjoyable, though not remarkable, film.

No comments:

Post a Comment